Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
simgrewal
Level I

analyze-fit modal- standard least square

Hi there 

I am trying to do my homework and I have to set my personality to standard least-square but it's not letting me every time I try to do that it automatically sets itself to Nominal logistics. Can somebody please help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: analyze-fit modal- standard least square

Check the modeling type of your response variable.  It needs to be a numeric, continuous column.

Jim
Highlighted
simgrewal
Level I

How do I check that?
I mean where do I check that?
Highlighted
statman
Level VII

On the left column you will see a box with all of the columns listed.

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 11.30.53 AM.jpg

 if you select the colored geometrical shape next to the variable, you can see the different modeling types available.  Your Y is currently Nominal (red histogram shape).  You will need the data type to be continuous to run the platform you want.  If you can't change it in the left window, you will need to highlight the Y column, right click and choose the dropdown window to Column Info.  There you can change Data type and modeling type.

Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Move your cursor to the Column Header (Name of column) and right and select Column Info.  It will give you the details on the column.

You should also take the time to read the Discovering JMP document from the JMP Documentation Library, available under the Help Pull Down Menu.

Jim
Article Labels