BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wendlyf

New Contributor

Feb 5, 2019

Visualize Reliability Distribution Models

Hi I am using JMP 13. I am trying to do reliablity forcast, but I found my model are limited under compare distribution. I only have 5 distribution models are availble for me to fit. but I would like to have more model like: TH log, TH Weibull, TH loglog... in Life Distribution. How to add more. 

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Re: Visualize Reliability Distribution Models

You appear to be using standard JMP 13.  The distributions you are interested in are available in JMP 13 Pro. 

Jim
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Actually, that reply is not correct. I just verified that the threshold parameter and the defective sub-population parameters are available in JMP 13. You can verify this claim as I did by opening Big Class data table in the Sample Data folder and launching Life Distribution with the weight variable.

JMP examines your data when you launch the Life Distribution platform. It does not present unnecessary models or models that are not estimable. Your data includes observations with zero life, so a threshold model doesn't make sense.

Learn it once, use it forever!
wendlyf

New Contributor

Feb 5, 2019

Hi Mark, JMP 13 does more distrubtion under life distribution platform. But my question is about Reliablity Forcast platform, under Reliablity Forcast platform the distribution selection is very limited for me, because of that, I am not able to do the right forcast prediction under Reliablity Forcast platform. 

markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

My apologies to you and Jim. His reply is correct for that analysis platform.

Learn it once, use it forever!