cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
markschwab
Level IV

Show multiple images in graph label?

I really appreciate the ability to add images to a JMP table, and add that column as "label" so that when I hover over the data point, it shows the image!

However, when I add two different images as label, only the first one is shown. I'd really like to be able to hover over a data point and view both images. Is there any way to do that in JMP? Or is the only solution to use an external program to concatenate the images before loading into JMP?

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Show multiple images in graph label?

You handle this by combining the 2 images into one window, and then saving that combined image.  

Jim
hogi
Level XI

To see more labels at once, In Jmp >=16, you could also enable the Label Viewer from the Hover Label menu:

hogi_0-1679723578960.png

hogi_1-1679723740991.png

With Jmp <16 you can install the Label-Viewer AddIn and activate it from the Add-Ins Menu.

markschwab
Level IV

Hi @hogi , I'm trying to understand how the Label Viewer works. When I try it, I'm only seeing a single image, even when I have set multiple image columns to Label. 

Untitled.png

In your example, it appears the hover label is showing you two separate rows? And for each row, are the two images each saved in different columns?

hogi
Level XI

Hm, surprising, @nascif_jmp ?

@markschwab , could you share your file?

In the Sample Library you can find an example file and a script to see how a Hover Label should look like with Label Viewer enabled.

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class Families.jmp" );
dt <<Run Script("Display Multiple Images with Label Viewer")

hogi_0-1679977313540.png