cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
frankderuyck
Level VI

Problem time axis settings graph builder

I have a problem with time axis settings in graph builder see file in attachment. When I use the full time axis scale for factor "Tijd" it is OK but adjusting axis settings to a more narrow "Tijd" scale I get a blank graph with increment time setting that don't correspond to my requested adjustments. Also (not shown), I can't  concatenate this data set with another one, time/Tijd distribution goes wrong: I get a two line histogram. What is the problem with this time/Tijd factor? How to solve

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: Problem time axis settings graph builder

The JMP date/time values are based upon the number of seconds from the date midnight, January 1, 1904.  The applying a format on a date/time column, does not change the underlying numerical value.  Below I have taken the graph where you have not restricted the X axis range, and just changed the format being displayed and overlapped it with the original axis.

txnelson_0-1679918422975.png

The axis shows a range that covers only the day of December 31, 1899.  On your second graph, somehow the axis range has been set across a date range starting beyond any date/time in you data, December 31, 1899 10:44:14 AM to January 1, 1904 12:00:00. 

txnelson_1-1679919660543.png

My guess is that this is happening by setting the Minimum and Maximum with just the time part of the date/time column.  I suggest that you change your format to a date/time format, set the range, and then change the format to your desired time only format.

Jim
MRB3855
Super User

Your "more narrow "Tijd" scale" is actually a wider scale...a lot wider. And this new scale does not include the data. That's why the data are not visible in your "new/" one.

Your original, then new (and the new scale is reversed).

MRB3855_0-1679920183943.png

MRB3855_1-1679920257776.pngYour max in the second one must be <= min from the one above.

frankderuyck
Level VI

Sorry, not yet a solution: when I narrow time scale as below

frankderuyck_0-1679951169839.png

I Get a blank graph with a correct time scale and increment..

frankderuyck_1-1679951279403.png

txnelson
Super User

Change the format from "h:m:s" to "m/d/y h:m:s" and I believe you will see that the "m/d/y" component of the date/time column is outside of the range of the data you have in your data table.   All of your data has an m/d/y of 12/31/1899.

Jim
frankderuyck
Level VI

Thanks Jim, I see , something must have gone wrong during data processing. Date (datum column) is OK, no idea where that 1899 comes from (??) Guess no solution to link with 1918 dates in datum column and start all over again..