cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Joe_T
Level I

Setting data table left panel size in JSL?

I have a script which generates a data table and adds new scripts so the user can do additional analysis and data modification.  The problem is that the script names are relatively long and get truncated by the size of the left panel when the new table is created.  I know I can set the size and position of the table with JSL, but is there a way to set the left panel size?  I thought that maybe H Splitter Box() would be the right answer, but I couldn't get it to work for me.

Basically, I get the image on the left, but I want the image on the right:

JMP_LeftPanelExample.PNG

Thanks!

--Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Setting data table left panel size in JSL?

This was surprisingly possible, but it takes a couple steps.  See example:

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA\Big Class.jmp" );
window = Get Window( dt );
sp = window << Find(SplitterBox(1));
sp << Set Width(300);

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

This was surprisingly possible, but it takes a couple steps.  See example:

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA\Big Class.jmp" );
window = Get Window( dt );
sp = window << Find(SplitterBox(1));
sp << Set Width(300);

Joe_T
Level I

Brilliant!  That does exactly what I wanted.

Follow-up question: How would I know or find out that the left panel is SplitterBox(1)?  I tried to use "dt << Get XML" to see the structure of the data table, but it didn't give me anything (presumably the table isn't an XML object).

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

In the above code if you use: window << Get XML or window << Show Tree Structure you'll figure out it's a splitterbox.

The data table is a unique object in JMP (for good reasons).  It's meant to be stand alone in it's own window, b/c of this it doesn't appear support the regular window functions, <<get XML, <<child, << parent, << top parent, ect.  The Get Window() function is our savior in this case as it allows us to gain access to the window object holding the data table.

Cheers!