Hi. I tried making my first addin yesterday and I can't get it to work for me. When the addin runs a GUI is supposed to pop up that allows the user to run various analyses on their data files. When I just run my script everything works as expected. But when I create an addin out of my GUI script the addin doesn't work. That is to say when I click on the addin in the addin menu after creating and installing it, nothing happens. Can someone with experience in making addins make suggestions as to what might be going wrong? Is there a way to get more information from JMP about why my addin isn't running?
I checked the log, and it said there was a filepath error. It looks like my issue was caused by the fact that an additional folder called "Pre & Post BI Comparison Addin" was created during the addin making process and all of my secondary scripts & .txt file were put in there. Since my main script was written assuming all of those files were in the same folder as it, I was now getting this message. So thank you, you have helped me solve my problem. I did not know the log would record anything when running an addin so I never thought to check. Now that you've said it though it makes perfect sense that it would since addins run scripts. Still not sure why this extra folder was created though but thank you!! This community is extremely helpful!
Slightly OT, but related. In terms of default Windows file paths for JMP Addins this one messed me up as I had no idea it had changed. Not sure why it changed on me originally a few years back when I had migrated to JMP12.
(i.e. Local vs Roaming)
There are no labels assigned to this post.