cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
acid1c
Level III

Save all settings from custom doe design and design report

I understand that there is an option to save factors and responses from the custom doe window - can this functionality be extended to savings all setting?

In some way, I think that it's related to Matrix X, but I didn't understand this section from the JMP Documentation.

To facilitate the comparison of different designs and models, can the Design Evaluation output be saved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: Save all settings from custom doe design and design report

Hello acid1c,

Under the DOE menu you can open any design file and leverage the evaluate design option. Once there you can save the script for the evaluation. If the design is set up in JMP all the metadata is contained in the column information. However if you have designs from other sources be sure to input the column information with respect to the coding and design settings etc before the evaluation.

9305_Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 2.38.42 PM.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
louv
Staff (Retired)

Hello acid1c,

Under the DOE menu you can open any design file and leverage the evaluate design option. Once there you can save the script for the evaluation. If the design is set up in JMP all the metadata is contained in the column information. However if you have designs from other sources be sure to input the column information with respect to the coding and design settings etc before the evaluation.

9305_Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 2.38.42 PM.png

acid1c
Level III

Perfect, thank you. From what I understand, the metadata contains information from the design evaluation, amongst other things. I tried to run the keyword 'design evaluation' and 'evaluate design' through the JMP scripting guide, with little success. Can you please provide an example or point me in the right direction for accessing the design evaluation metadata.

louv
Staff (Retired)

acid1c,

The metadata that I refer to is captured in the column info data. So for instance using your mixture example that you shared the three screen shots indicate the metadata that is captured in the column information. This is captured during the design setup phase. However if you just bring in data from an Excel file or another design package you would need to specify the metadata in the column info in order to have the correct coding etc.

9314_Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 11.19.21 AM.png

9315_Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 11.19.29 AM.png

9316_Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 11.19.38 AM.png

acid1c
Level III

I think there may have been a misunderstanding, sorry for not being clear. Please allow me to clarify. I designed several DOE's using JMP and want to compare the result from the Design Evaluation menu:

9326_WIW.png

Now,I've been taking screenshots and comparing them side-by-side to determine the best DOE. How can I save these results as a report? In table format would be okay, but it would also be nice to preserve the plots.

louv
Staff (Retired)

acid1c

If you right click on any table you can make the numeric data into a table.

9328_Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 9.00.46 AM.png

As far as saving the plots have you investigated capturing each design evaluation in a Journal. This would compile all of your output into one container.

louv
Staff (Retired)

acid1c,

Here is a Journal that I mocked up quickly from your previous mixture design thread. I have evaluated both the 18R I-optimal and D-optimal and saved them to a Journal.