Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
aliegner1
Level II

SPC chart help: display limits, only Xbar, straight line connectors, etc

So I'm having trouble getting this to display what I think it should be doing.

My Ideal Goal:

a single 'spc trend' chart for each recipe, displaying control limits, where multiple EqpID's are plotted/overlayed on the same chart, shown in the legend. i.e.: thickness data for EqpA, EqpB, EqpC for recipe: Dep#1 all on the same chart. That's it. Then I can just add x-axis labels for lots/dates of interest. I can share the data table if interested.

My problems: Using a split out data table, where each unique recipe has its own column/limits

Control Chart Builder:

• displays the limits: GREAT :)
  • but it defaults to displaying a 2nd chart (range/std/movrange) and I can't figure out how to disable this.
  • it displays all the points, but won't connect the lines or separate them out by EqpID --> how?

just straight >control chart:

• displays the limits: GREAT :)
  • but I can't get it to display the x-axis correctly, it won't put the data in chronological order.
  • can't figure out how to get it overlayed w/ multiple eqpID's.

Fit y by x:

• won't display control limits
  • I can groupby and legend the EqpID's. GREAT :)
  • It displays in chrono order. GREAT :)
  • I can't get a straight line connect between grouped points.

Graph Builder:

• won't display control limits
  • I can overlay the EqpID's. GREAT :)
  • It displays in chrono order. GREAT :)
  • I can get straight line connectors by changing the 'line" option.

Data table details:

• data query for several SPC charts: time stamps, EqpID, Process/Recipe, Avg thickness value.
  • support table w/ control limits for each process/recipe
  • Lot list: ~50 lots w/ timestamps and recipes and tools that have questionable material...need to investigate SPC trends

So I pulled the data, outputting all ThkValues in a single column. (single columns for date, EqpID, Process as well).

I then split this out to make a unique column for each recipe (kept full columns for date, EqpId, Recipe). The value is blank/DNE for col/row that doesn't have a measurement for that particular date/eqp/recipe.

I then used the "write limits to data table from limits table" add-in that's posted here. This was able to assign column property control limits to each ThickValue column.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: SPC chart help: display limits, only Xbar, straight line connectors, etc

Uploading some data would help folks guide you to what you want.

It might be that the 'old style' control charts are better for you:

NamesDefaultToHere(1);

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/big Class.jmp");
cc = dt << Control Chart(
						Sample Label( :age ),
						KSigma( 3 ),
						Chart Col( :height, XBar ),
						By( :sex )
					);

In terms of ordering along an axis, using a value order property will usually get you what you want.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.