Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Regression

I only suggested Logistic because you specified a Label in your initial Discussion.  Your cryptic initial Discussion left me with little to be able to give a specific response to.  Given your latest information, I would probably suggest that you use the Fit Y by X platform, rather than the Fit Model Platform.  Both will give you the same results, but the former is easier to use.

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

The information on how to run a Logistic Regression in JMP is readily available in both the Fitting Linear Models book that was downloaded when you installed JMP

Help==>Books==>Fitting Linear Models

Search on Logistic Regression

and available under the Help screens

From the Fit Model window you displayed in your initial Discussion entry, click on the Help button.  It will open the Help System to the Fit Model definition.  You can then scroll down through the table of contents to Logistic Regression

logistic.PNG

Jim
0 Kudos
manphoolfageria
Community Trekker

Thanks,

The both the factors (TB and Obesity) are continuous. So, do you recommomd the logistic? See the table below: Sorry, but my questions is that which analysis I should perform. If its logistic, then I need to change the factpr TB from continuous to Nominal. But it does not work.

CountryTB patientObesity patient
A100003.2
B60006.4
C110005.0
D40006.3
E5008.5
0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

I only suggested Logistic because you specified a Label in your initial Discussion.  Your cryptic initial Discussion left me with little to be able to give a specific response to.  Given your latest information, I would probably suggest that you use the Fit Y by X platform, rather than the Fit Model Platform.  Both will give you the same results, but the former is easier to use.

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
manphoolfageria
Community Trekker

THanks

0 Kudos