Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vishwasanj
Level V

Graph builder Frame size JSL

Hi All,

This might be an easy and quick fix. But I kinda struggling to find the right way to do it.

I am trying to figure out how to have a consistent frame size with all graphs in graphs builder and consistent legend settings. I run a FOR loop having numerical values at the end of data table. It could range from 1 to many columns and I try to plot all the columns in Y axis.

The main discrepancy occurs when the Y axis has only one parameter, that legend doesn't show up but having 2 or more parameters, the legend automatically shows up and I don't have to write a separate JSL command for it. Because of that, each graph looks different because of the lack of space in legend settings.

Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Salter
Level I

Re: Graph builder Frame size JSL

Take a look at my post, hope it can help you.
Salter
Level I

Re: Graph builder Frame size JSL

Hi vishwasanj,
I encounter this issue as well. Share my solution with you although it may not a efficient way.

For simplicity I explain the X-axis(horizontal direction) only.

Given that a standard template Framebox size is 500, whole graph size is 535. That means we have size that not belongs to Framebox is 35.

Then, we have a graph generated by some of an for-loop, after assigning framesize=500, the wholesize=550.

Then, considering these graph will export as fixed total size png, if we have same framesize to wholesize ratio, we can have same frame size.

This is to say, we can add 'dx' to the previous graph to make the ratio same.

500:535=(500+dx):(550+dx+dx2),
where dx2 is axis length increase after dx is applied.

However, in my experience, dx2 is basically negilbible.

Thus, we can resize the 550 width pictures with frame size=500+dx, where
500:535=(500+dx):(550+dx).

After export as a similar size png, we can have same frame size pics.