cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Reference line Label inside the graph instead of outside

Hi All,

i am trying to use Label inside the graph instead of outside where it has replaced the number.

is there any way to do that. i dont want to add a text box which moves in both x and Y with scale change.

Thanks

Ram

10617_pastedImage_0.png10618_pastedImage_1.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Reference line Label inside the graph instead of outside

You can add any graphics or textual information you want to the graphical output from any platform.  All I did to generate the example below is that I ran the Fit Y by X platform, I then fit the line, and then added the reference line.....without a label.  Finally, I went to the toolbar and selected Text box.  I positioned it on the graph where I wanted it and then typed in the text I wanted.

Once the graph was the way I wanted it, I went to the red triangle==>Script==>Write Script to Script Window.  The script below is the script it generated.

Bivariate(

Y( :weight ),

X( :height ),

Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ),

SendToReport(

Dispatch(

{},

"2",

ScaleBox,

{Add Ref Line( 161.49, "Solid", "Black", "", 1 )}

),

Dispatch

{},

"Bivar Plot",

FrameBox,

Add Text Annotation(

Text( "TGT" ),

Text Box( {2, 28, 40, 51} ),

Background Color( "White" )

)

)

);

This is just one way to do it.

Jim

View solution in original post

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Ram,

Not a great solution but you could set the label to be "TGT = 161.5" and then you would have the label and a number on the outside of the graph.  I would like the option of setting the label to the "right" of side of the graphic (maybe the JMP elves can add that to their list) as I feel it often gets "lost" in the numeric scale. 

Karen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

You can add any graphics or textual information you want to the graphical output from any platform.  All I did to generate the example below is that I ran the Fit Y by X platform, I then fit the line, and then added the reference line.....without a label.  Finally, I went to the toolbar and selected Text box.  I positioned it on the graph where I wanted it and then typed in the text I wanted.

Once the graph was the way I wanted it, I went to the red triangle==>Script==>Write Script to Script Window.  The script below is the script it generated.

Bivariate(

X( :height ),

Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ),

SendToReport(

Dispatch(

{},

"2",

ScaleBox,

{Add Ref Line( 161.49, "Solid", "Black", "", 1 )}

),

Dispatch

{},

"Bivar Plot",

FrameBox,

Add Text Annotation(

Text( "TGT" ),

Text Box( {2, 28, 40, 51} ),

Background Color( "White" )

)

)

);

This is just one way to do it.

Jim
txnelson
Super User

I don't know what is going on with my last reply, but the second line of the script should be:

but for some reason, it seems to be changing to:

And( :weight ),

Jim
ian_jmp
Staff

Unfortunately that's a side effect of the automatic translation. So when posting (or reading) JSL deselect the check box at the top of the page. I understand we are looking for a fix.

Hi txnelson,

Thanks for reply. but this i already mentioned that this kind of test box changes position in graph with scale adjust (both X and Y).

it should only change position with only one axis change. e.g if it is a reference line for Y, then it should not change with X scale adjust.

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Ram,

Not a great solution but you could set the label to be "TGT = 161.5" and then you would have the label and a number on the outside of the graph.  I would like the option of setting the label to the "right" of side of the graphic (maybe the JMP elves can add that to their list) as I feel it often gets "lost" in the numeric scale. 

Karen