cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

stability analysis shelf life error

Hi,

When I want to run stability analysis in JMP, I click the following: Analyze-> Reliability and survival -> Degradation.

If my data has an increasing trend and I provide the upper specification limit, the result is fine and is what I expect.

If my data has a decreasing trend and I provide the lower specification limit, the result is also fine.

However, if my data has an increasing trend and I have a lower specification limit, I expect that the shelf life should be very high or infinite. But the result in JMP will show that the shelf life is 0, and this is because the lower bound of 95% confidence limit crosses the lower specification at a time less than 0. Please see attached example. Thanks.

10604_jmp stability.png10605_jmp data.png

1 REPLY 1
ltw
Staff (Retired) ltw
Staff (Retired)

Re: stability analysis shelf life error

Could you please let us know what version of JMP you are using? The results seem correct in JMP versions 11 and 12. Please see below.

10615_Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 11.45.01 AM.png