cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Alma1
Level III

Percent distribution vs percent frequency occurrence

Hi,

I have distribution graph from jmp with count and percent as encloed. In jmp although the count number is there jmp reads it zero. Therefore, there is a difference between  calculated % why is this happening?

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Percent distribution vs percent frequency occurrence

The JMP display is showing only whole % values....no decimal values.   That is, the percents are rounded off to the percent value.  Thus, when a percent value is < .5% it is displayed as 0%.

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

The JMP display is showing only whole % values....no decimal values.   That is, the percents are rounded off to the percent value.  Thus, when a percent value is < .5% it is displayed as 0%.

Jim
Alma1
Level III

Hi Jim
Thanks for your reply but if this is the case why the peak for percent graph is 7% and for count 11%?

I must be missing something. In your document, the circled bar is from 1.0 to 1.1 and has a total of 11%.

In the last picture, the JMP graph as a bar from 1.0 to 1.05 with a height of 5% and another bar from 1.05 to 1.1 with a height of 6%. 5% + 6% = 11%. As for the counts, they appear to be 5005+ 5640 = 10645/98968 = 10.756%. That matches with the rounding that Jim described.

The difference that I see is that in one graph you have bars taking a width of 0.1, while in the other the bar width is 0.05.

Dan Obermiller
Alma1
Level III

Dan Hi

Many thanks for the clear explanation. You are right.
Regards