Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Alma1
Level III

Percent distribution vs percent frequency occurrence

Hi,

I have distribution graph from jmp with count and percent as encloed. In jmp although the count number is there jmp reads it zero. Therefore, there is a difference between  calculated % why is this happening?

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Percent distribution vs percent frequency occurrence

The JMP display is showing only whole % values....no decimal values.   That is, the percents are rounded off to the percent value.  Thus, when a percent value is < .5% it is displayed as 0%.

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

The JMP display is showing only whole % values....no decimal values.   That is, the percents are rounded off to the percent value.  Thus, when a percent value is < .5% it is displayed as 0%.

Jim
Alma1
Level III

Hi Jim
Thanks for your reply but if this is the case why the peak for percent graph is 7% and for count 11%?

I must be missing something. In your document, the circled bar is from 1.0 to 1.1 and has a total of 11%.

In the last picture, the JMP graph as a bar from 1.0 to 1.05 with a height of 5% and another bar from 1.05 to 1.1 with a height of 6%. 5% + 6% = 11%. As for the counts, they appear to be 5005+ 5640 = 10645/98968 = 10.756%. That matches with the rounding that Jim described.

The difference that I see is that in one graph you have bars taking a width of 0.1, while in the other the bar width is 0.05.

Dan Obermiller
Alma1
Level III

Dan Hi

Many thanks for the clear explanation. You are right.
Regards