Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Multivariate Analysis Using a Filter Variable

mcstagger

Community Trekker

Oct 6, 2014

I have a data set that includes data for multiple user groups which are identified via a separate variable. Is there a way to use this filter variable or any other variable as a filter when running a multivariate analysis?

Right now it seems as though I have to create subsets for the individual groups I want to run this on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Maybe the By-option, supported by most platforms, will do what you want. In the Multivariate dialog, select the filter variable column and click "By".

It will result in multiple reports within the same window but otherwise completely independent.

3 REPLIES
Solution

Maybe the By-option, supported by most platforms, will do what you want. In the Multivariate dialog, select the filter variable column and click "By".

It will result in multiple reports within the same window but otherwise completely independent.

mcstagger

Community Trekker

Oct 6, 2014

As expected, the obvious answer was in front of me. Thanks!

billw_jmp

Staff

Jul 2, 2014

Mcstagger,

Are you familiar with the local data filter and/or the data filter under the rows menu? You can access the local data filter under the red hot spot for multivariate>script>local data filter.  Add the variable you want to use as a filter.

The data filter under rows also allows you hide and exclude points.  Use the same procedure to add the filter variable.  Click show and include to hide and exclude.