cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Life distribution - reliability projection

Hello,

I have a set of time to even data and when I fit the life distribution, JMP provides the best distribution as Frechet with the following plot. The points seem to trend up and not nicely scattered around the line. How do I interpret this? This is supposed to be the best fit per JMP's choice.

MarkovVaribles1_0-1675980282541.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Life distribution - reliability projection

The best fit is not necessarily a good fit. The other fits are worse. There is a table of all the fits for comparison using criteria such as AICc. JMP presents the fits in ascending order of AICc (smaller is better).

Can you show this table for comparison? Can you show plots for the other fits that you entertained?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The best fit is not necessarily a good fit. The other fits are worse. There is a table of all the fits for comparison using criteria such as AICc. JMP presents the fits in ascending order of AICc (smaller is better).

Can you show this table for comparison? Can you show plots for the other fits that you entertained?

Hi Mark,

Thank you and here is the table you asked for:

MarkovVaribles1_1-1676054943783.png

lognormal plot:

MarkovVaribles1_2-1676055006185.png

Weibull plot:

MarkovVaribles1_3-1676055058298.png

Cheers,

I noticed that the data plotted is not part of the current row selection in the data table. Is it possible that you have excluded rows that are plotted here? That row state would affect the fit a lot.

peng_liu
Staff

I noticed the probability values are extremely small. I also notice, there is a long horizontal segment at the end of the nonparametric estimate. I also have a feeling that it is probable that there is unlikely to have failures between 0 and 100.

Based on those observations, I suggest looking into two special types of distributions: Threshold distributions and Defective Subpopulation distributions. They are labelled as TH distributions, e.g. TH Lognormal, TH Weibull, etc. And DS distributions.