Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Label the Labels?

mewing

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I'm making some bubble plots, and I've flagged some columns to be labeled.  Now, when I click on a bubble I get a list, Column A, Column B, Column C.  Is it possible to have the displayed information include the column name?  So, "Column A - " :Column A, "Column B - " :Column B, "Column C - " :Column C kind of a format?  I suppose I could add a column of the label name and tag it for labeling as well, but that seems really kludgy and it seems like it could be more elegant.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

For JMP 10 and earlier you're headed in the right direction with your solution. You could create a column that is the concatenation of the column names and their values and use that as your label column.

JMP 11 will introduce a new label type. The pin annotation is a nicer (but larger) label display that shows the column names as well as their values.

4127_JMPScreenSnapz021.png

-Jeff

-Jeff
2 REPLIES
Solution

For JMP 10 and earlier you're headed in the right direction with your solution. You could create a column that is the concatenation of the column names and their values and use that as your label column.

JMP 11 will introduce a new label type. The pin annotation is a nicer (but larger) label display that shows the column names as well as their values.

4127_JMPScreenSnapz021.png

-Jeff

-Jeff
mewing

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Thanks Jeff!