cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
FrankBot0211
Level II

JSL Chart Builder Control Limit for multiple measurement set name

Hi, I want to draw a control chart to show violate test point with arround 10 measurement sets base on 10 sets of online control limit in another table. Can anyone tell me how to load the multiple control limit follow by measurement set name?

Capture.PNG

Below is my draft scriptting

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open(
"./MRK.jmp"
);
obj =
Control Chart(
Sample Size( :Sample ),
KSigma( 3 ),
Chart Col( :Weight ),
Chart Type( XBar )
By:(:Mesurement_Set_Name)
);
obj << Test 1( 1 );

dt2 = obj << SaveSummaries;
// Rule violations occur in dt2 in the column "Test Failures" as comma delimited text ("" if no violations)
dt2 << SelectWhere(:Test Failures != "");

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: JSL Chart Builder Control Limit for multiple measurement set name

Here is a way that should work.  It involves using a saved limits table that contains phases, and creating a new column in your data table that has the same value as your Measurement_Set_Name.

In your raw data table, add in a new column by the name of 

measurement_set_name_phase

The reason for this, is that you need to have both a By value set and a Phase value set, and JMP will not allow the same variable to be used by both By and Phase.

Next create a limits table fashioned like the following:

limits table2.PNG

Tonja from JMP has a blog with an entry about this

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMPer-Cable/4-ways-to-use-fixed-baseline-historical-control-limits-in/b...

Now go into your XBar Chart and set it up, specifying measurment_set_name as the By and measurement_set_name_phase and the Phase variable, 

Then click on the "Read Limits" button.  It will open a folder for you to specify which jmp file to read in.  So above, when you are finished creating the limits table, you need to save it to a folder.

Now you can run your XBar chart.

I did have an issue with setting a fixed value for sample size, but your data may not have an issue.  However, I did get it to work by specifying a Sample Label variable 

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Here is a way that should work.  It involves using a saved limits table that contains phases, and creating a new column in your data table that has the same value as your Measurement_Set_Name.

In your raw data table, add in a new column by the name of 

measurement_set_name_phase

The reason for this, is that you need to have both a By value set and a Phase value set, and JMP will not allow the same variable to be used by both By and Phase.

Next create a limits table fashioned like the following:

limits table2.PNG

Tonja from JMP has a blog with an entry about this

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMPer-Cable/4-ways-to-use-fixed-baseline-historical-control-limits-in/b...

Now go into your XBar Chart and set it up, specifying measurment_set_name as the By and measurement_set_name_phase and the Phase variable, 

Then click on the "Read Limits" button.  It will open a folder for you to specify which jmp file to read in.  So above, when you are finished creating the limits table, you need to save it to a folder.

Now you can run your XBar chart.

I did have an issue with setting a fixed value for sample size, but your data may not have an issue.  However, I did get it to work by specifying a Sample Label variable 

Jim
FrankBot0211
Level II

Thanks Jim for your fast answer then

I have create a phase from my table. can you show me how to transpose it similar like yours?

and we do not need _mean and _Std Dev right? I'm try to run the individual measurement chart

Capture.PNG

txnelson
Super User

go to

Tables==>Stack

and stack the 3 limits columns, and then change the new column called Label to _LimitsKey and the column called Data to Weight

Jim