cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ambrose2
Level I

How do I overlay box plots in JMP so they are aligned instead of next to each other?

Assuming you have a set of x values (numerical, continuous) and 3 sets of y values (numerical, continuous), is there any way to overlay the series together and have box plots that are overlayed? When I add box plots with graph builder, the box plots take up their own independent space along the x-axis, instead of being aligned along the same value of x, the box plots won't intersect eachother. The box plots become too small and narrow. (Tried with JMP12 and 13).

2 REPLIES 2
pmroz
Super User

Re: How do I overlay box plots in JMP so they are aligned instead of next to each other?

I would use the STACK command to create one X and one Y column.  A third column would distinguish which set the X,Y pair came from.  Then it's a simple matter of using the third column as your BY variable in the plot.

ambrose2
Level I

Re: How do I overlay box plots in JMP so they are aligned instead of next to each other?

I created one x, one y, and one group column, and used Graph Builder to drag the x to the x, the y to the y, and the group column to the upper right corner "overlay". After selecting box plots on the top, I get the same result as previously.