Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP quits unexpectedly when I try to change font size!

cm646

Community Trekker

Jul 21, 2015

Hello fellow JMP users!

I am new to the software and I am trying to learn how to personalize graphics so that they look better for presentations and so on. I tried increasing the font size for the axis scales, and for some reason every time I try to do it the software quits unexpectedly. I am using JMP 11.

Has anyone seen this before? Any advice is appreciated, I've been using JMP for all my data analysis and it would be a waste of time to use other software just to make charts.

thank you!

Camila

5 REPLIES
danschikore

Staff

Sep 21, 2012

Hi Camila,

Which JMP platform and host (Win/Mac) are you working with, and what method are you using to change font size (preferences, right-click to bring up font selector, etc)?

Thanks,

-Dan

cm646

Community Trekker

Jul 21, 2015

Hi Dan,

I have JMP Pro 11.2.0 (is that the Platform?), in a Mac. I tried to change the size in 2 ways, both ways resulted in the software quitting:

1) Double Click on the axis -> Font -> choose size

2) On the main menu, click JMP -> Preferences -> Axis -> choose size

I am able to make all other fonts in the program bigger or smaller by using "command +" and "command -", but that does not change the font specifically on the axis numbers...

thanks,

Camila

danschikore

Staff

Sep 21, 2012

Hi Camila,

Please report this issue to JMP Support (Technical Support Form).  They may have more information on workarounds or specific causes for the problem (OS Level, etc).

-Dan

cm646

Community Trekker

Jul 21, 2015

I know it's been forever since I asked this question but just in case anyone has the same problem:

I followed DanSchikore's advice and reported the issue to technical support. They told be this was a known issue with JMP 11.0 and 11.1 and recommended me to install version 11.2.1 via this link:

http://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1560

I installed it and no longer have the issue!

meh338

Community Member

Jul 27, 2017

This worked for me!