BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
wandering_sun
New Contributor

Issue about JMP's built-in map of China

Hello everyone,

I’m a JMP user from China. Graph Builder is one of my favorite platforms in JMP. It’s easy to present spatial statistics by creating map. However, I faced some issues when using graph builder to create my own map:  Hongkong, Macau, Taiwan, islands of South China Sea and nine-dotted line are not included in the defaulted map of China (ZH) built-in JMP. This caused me (and my colleagues) won’t be able publish my analysis result to some platforms like video website, BBS, and even knowledge database website to publish our paper. It’s just because the map doesn’t include the entire China map, it won’t get approved on those websites.

I’ve learned from the JMP handbook, searched in JMP community and gained some tips about how to manually add the missing regions (like Hongkong, Macau, Taiwan), however, it’s still inconvenient to manually add these maps case by case. And, I still haven’t found a way to create the nine-dotted line (circled in the image below) so far.

Map.jpg

Is anyone here can help? I strongly request JMP please develop a more integrated map of China for users like me in the upcoming version.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Issue about JMP's built-in map of China

Please add your enhancement request to the JMP Wish List.  

Jim
0 Kudos
wandering_sun
New Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion and I have added it to my JMP Wish List. ^^
Jiushizheme
Community Member

Yes,that is exactly what i want !i know this is minor issue. But it is really annoying sometimes you just cannot Miss these places. Hope it will be solved soon.
0 Kudos
dobudo
Community Member

Thanks pointing out this issue. When I tried to upload the video that I created with the default map in JMP, it’s denied by Youku as the map didn’t show the integrity of China. So did other video platform. Taiwan and other islands are part of China, it’s necessary for JMP to add these areas into the default map for all of our Chinese could use. Thanks!

0 Kudos