Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to set the automation link to specific Power Point file

sismyra_93030

Community Trekker

Mar 3, 2016

I managed to create an automation system for my team which is can automatically update the graphs in JMP to Power Point. Once I run the script, the new images will be update and save then I link that image to Power Point by using "link to file" option.I also provided a Power Point template name as "template.pptx", so that once the script run the latest graph will be update automatically in this template. Then, my team just need to save as the "template.pptx" with specific name and store at specific folder. But the problem is when the script run, all the previous Power Point file are also updated with latest graph. How can I set only "template.pptx" are update with latest graph not the save as "template.pptx" that I save with different name. Is this possible? Thank you.

nw = new window("KLM "||PlantStr||" Eff and IV Delta",

V List Box(

Lineup Box(NCol(1), Spacing(12),

current data table();

// Mychart script

outpath = "";

hs = If( Host is( "Windows" ),

".png",

""

);

nw[Outline Box( 1 )] << savepicture( outpath || "test1" || hs, "png" );

Close("Coffee Beans", no save);

);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jerry_cooper

Staff

Jul 10, 2014

Solution

The links will need to be broken before performing the "Save As" for the new PowerPoint file. The process for breaking the links from within PowerPoint varies depending upon which version you have. I would recommend searching your PowerPoint Help for "break link". Also, you might want to consider protecting your template file so that it is not corrupted by mistake.

1 REPLY
jerry_cooper

Staff

Jul 10, 2014

Solution

The links will need to be broken before performing the "Save As" for the new PowerPoint file. The process for breaking the links from within PowerPoint varies depending upon which version you have. I would recommend searching your PowerPoint Help for "break link". Also, you might want to consider protecting your template file so that it is not corrupted by mistake.