Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to link frame boxes to the data?

tom_abramov

Community Trekker

Oct 13, 2015

Hello,

Here is a script which puts two different platforms to the same window.

The platforms are linked to the data.

I would like to know how do I do the same but with only frame boxes of the platforms?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

win = New Window( "MyWindow",MainVlis = V List Box());

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Quality Control/Coating.jmp");

vlist1 = vlist box( obj1 = dt<<Control Chart(Sample Size( 1 ),Chart Col( :Weight ),Chart Type( Run Chart )));

MainVlis << Append (vlist1);

vlist2 = vlist box( obj2 = dt << Distribution( Column( :Weight ),Automatic Recalc( 1 ); ););

MainVlis << Append (vlist2);

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//Now MainVlis contains two "alive" platforms(Distribution and Control Chart) - they are linked to the data table.

//The question is - How do I append to the MainVlis only frame boxes of the platforms?

//I want a couple of "alive" frame boxes in the same window.

Thank you.

1 REPLY
mikedriscoll

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I'm not sure if it is possible to add only the frame box (or other box) and keep it interactive and linked to the data, but I would be interested if others know how to do it. I haven't checked but I wonder if xpath would keep it interactive. JMP Discovery 2015 - Mining JMP Reports - v10.pdf

Here is a workaround that adds the platform with various features disabled and axes deleted. Note the order of axisbox 2 first, then 1 (or i guess you could delete '1' twice).

Capability analysis() in the distribution platform requires extra care. If you know the data will never have spec limits, leave as below. If it will always have limits, put capability analysis(0). BUT, if you have some columns with limits and some without, you need an if() statement.  If (column has either or both spec limits, then do the distribution platform with capability analysis(0), else *leave the capability analysis out of the statement*).   You can't just always specify capability analysis(0) because it will prompt you for the limits when they don't exist... annoying when looping through many parameters without limits.

names default to here(1);

win = New Window( "MyWindow",MainVlis = V List Box());

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Quality Control/Coating.jmp");

MainVlis << append(vlist1 = vlistbox());

MainVlis << append(vlist2 = vlistbox());

vlist1 << Append (obj1 = dt<<Control Chart(Sample Size( 1 ),Chart Col( :Weight ),Chart Type( Run Chart )));

vlist2 << append(obj2 = dt << Distribution( Column( :Weight ),Automatic Recalc( 1 ), quantiles(0), summary statistics(0)););

report(obj1)[axisbox(2)] << delete;

report(obj1)[axisbox(1)] << delete;

report(obj2)[axisbox(1)] << delete;