Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Lassenielsen
Level I

How to highlight values of Comparison Circles with JSL

Hi

I'm wondering if it is possible to highlight specific groups of Comparison Circles with JSL? I cannot see anything in the code or Tree Structure which lets me select specific groups.

Oneway.png

open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
Oneway(
Y( :height ),
X( :age ),
Each Pair( 1 ),
Quantiles( 1 ),
Box Plots( 1 ),
Comparison Circles( 1 )
);

Best regards

Lasse

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to highlight values of Comparison Circles with JSL

See this example for help:

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
dt << Oneway( Y( :height ), X( :age ), With Control( 1, {12} ) );
Learn it once, use it forever!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
dale_lehman
Level VI

I can't speak to the scripting question, but I am wondering if you understand how those circles are used.  It is not in the intuitively obvious way.  To compare the circles for 2 groups, you need to draw lines tangent to the two circles and see how the angle between them compares to 90 degrees.  I find this hardly intuitive.  But highlighting the 2 circles would make this easier than the current display, I would agree.

Highlighted
Lassenielsen
Level I

Hi dale_lehman
Yes i'm aware of how to compare the circles :) The reason why i ask is because i have created a script that creates a report from data tables generated from experiments, which from experiment to experiment have the same setup. So i would always have to compare a non-enzyme treated sample with enzyme treated samples of different concentrations and types. So it would be nice to be able to select the non-enzyme group and then visually see if there is a difference. Furthermore in the same report i have 10 or more of these graphs lined up above one and another, so for another researcher it would be easier to scroll through and look at the highlighted version to see if any of these are significantly differnt.
Highlighted

See this example for help:

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
dt << Oneway( Y( :height ), X( :age ), With Control( 1, {12} ) );
Learn it once, use it forever!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Lassenielsen
Level I

Thank you so much Mark that was exactly what I was looking for.
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.