cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Aziza
Level IV

How to customize Paper Size in Page Setup to generate pdf plots for Beamer slides?

Hi, 

I am trying to customize the page setup and change the paper size to save the Graph Builder output as PDF plots for using them in Beamer Slides. The size of a Beamer slide is 128mm by 96mm. I failed to use the function set page setup, since I think one can use only the sizes which are already specified. 

Are there any thoughts on how I could proceed this step?

Many thanks! 

Greetings
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to customize Paper Size in Page Setup to generate pdf plots for Beamer slides?

Hi @Aziza,

Are you using a Mac or Windows computer?

If on a mac, you can add a custom paper size after going to File > Page Setup right inside jmp. Click on the Paper Size drop-down list, and select Manage Custom Sizes:Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 9.15.50 AM.png

On a Windows machine the process is a little bit more complicated. Open the Devices and Printers control panel app, select your printer/device (I'm guessing you're using an Adobe PDF renderer or another print-to-pdf device), then select Print Server Properties in the menu bar. Once there, check the box for Create New Form, and you can enter your dimensions. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 9.21.39 AM.png

View solution in original post

julian

Re: How to customize Paper Size in Page Setup to generate pdf plots for Beamer slides?

Hi @Aziza,

I'm glad you were able to create the new paper size! What is "obj" in this situation? Journals and reports can receive a Set Page Setup message, so if you have the result of a platform call as "obj" you will need to wrap it in Report() to send the message to the report layer.

Additionally, as I understand it, Set Page Setup() refers to the settings used when using <<Save PDF.  So, your changes won't be reflected in File > Page Setup, but will be used when using << Save PDF. Here's an example of the workflow:

Open("$SAMPLE_DATA\Big Class.jmp");

//Create some output
obj = Distribution( Column( :height ));

//Set the page settings for the report containing the distribution output
report(obj) << Set page setup(margins( 0.2, 0.4, 0, 0 ),scale( 0.75),portrait( 0 ), paper size( "Beamer" ));

//To view the settings use Get Page Setup()
//report(obj) << Get Page Setup

//Save the PDF
report(obj) << Save PDF( "$DOCUMENTS\example.pdf" );

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
julian

Hi @Aziza,

Are you using a Mac or Windows computer?

If on a mac, you can add a custom paper size after going to File > Page Setup right inside jmp. Click on the Paper Size drop-down list, and select Manage Custom Sizes:Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 9.15.50 AM.png

On a Windows machine the process is a little bit more complicated. Open the Devices and Printers control panel app, select your printer/device (I'm guessing you're using an Adobe PDF renderer or another print-to-pdf device), then select Print Server Properties in the menu bar. Once there, check the box for Create New Form, and you can enter your dimensions. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 9.21.39 AM.png

Aziza
Level IV

Hi @julian , thank you for your help. I am a Windows user. I was able to create a "Beamer" form following your instructions. It was not obvious, since I am using Windows 10. Anyway, I can now choose it manually and set it up from the File Menu. The script is not responding though, when I use "Beamer". Do you know what am I doing wrong? Thank you. 

obj<< Set page setup(margins( 0.2, 0.4, 0, 0 ),scale( 0.75),portrait( 0 ), paper size( "Beamer" ));
Greetings
julian

Hi @Aziza,

I'm glad you were able to create the new paper size! What is "obj" in this situation? Journals and reports can receive a Set Page Setup message, so if you have the result of a platform call as "obj" you will need to wrap it in Report() to send the message to the report layer.

Additionally, as I understand it, Set Page Setup() refers to the settings used when using <<Save PDF.  So, your changes won't be reflected in File > Page Setup, but will be used when using << Save PDF. Here's an example of the workflow:

Open("$SAMPLE_DATA\Big Class.jmp");

//Create some output
obj = Distribution( Column( :height ));

//Set the page settings for the report containing the distribution output
report(obj) << Set page setup(margins( 0.2, 0.4, 0, 0 ),scale( 0.75),portrait( 0 ), paper size( "Beamer" ));

//To view the settings use Get Page Setup()
//report(obj) << Get Page Setup

//Save the PDF
report(obj) << Save PDF( "$DOCUMENTS\example.pdf" );
Aziza
Level IV

Thank you, @julian, it worked fine! I learned smth new again!!! :D 

Greetings