cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sanchezpeinado
Level II

How to create a second Y axes scale?

I have 9 parameter and 4 of them have a low values (0 to 40) while the others 5 have values from 21 to 780. I would like to graph all together as seem below, but built a second Y axes for the first 4 parameters. 

My data set (table) has the following columns: 

ID

Time

Parameter

Data

sanchezpeinado_0-1647302281937.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to create a second Y axes scale?

I suspect the 9 parameters that you reference in your first entry are actually differentiated by an Overlay, and not as separate columns.  The Graph Builder output below, does not allow separate axes.  That is because there is only one column referenced on the Y axis.  The 2 lines/colors are being generated by the specified Overlay column, Sex.

txnelson_1-1647358728142.png

To be able to specify the left and right axes, in my example I split the Height column into separate columns f

or F Height and M Height, and then drag both columns to the Y axis.

txnelson_0-1647358661808.png

In your case, you just need to split your column into the 9 different parameters

Tables=>Split

Jim

View solution in original post

txnelson
Super User

Try adding the Smoother before doing the Move Right.  On the example I ran to test this out, if I added the Smoother after the Move Right, only the left columns had a smoother.  But, if I added the Smoother before the Move Right, the Smoothers were on all 

Jim

sanchezpeinado
Level II

Thank you so much, it worked!

7 REPLIES 7
mzwald
Staff

Right click on the y-axis in the Graph Builder report and select Move Right, then select the columns you wish to put on a separate y-axis scale on the right side.  To do this you would need the different series in different columns, so you need to split your data table (Tables menu > Split) by the column (Parameter) you are using in the overlay role in the visual you are showing.  Then with the split table, drag all the parameters columns to the y-axis and then you can right click and select the cols you wish to move to the right scale.

sanchezpeinado
Level II

Thank you!

I am not sure why but the option to move right is not showing on my graph builder (see below). Is there a different way to find it?

sanchezpeinado_0-1647357598716.png

txnelson
Super User

I suspect the 9 parameters that you reference in your first entry are actually differentiated by an Overlay, and not as separate columns.  The Graph Builder output below, does not allow separate axes.  That is because there is only one column referenced on the Y axis.  The 2 lines/colors are being generated by the specified Overlay column, Sex.

txnelson_1-1647358728142.png

To be able to specify the left and right axes, in my example I split the Height column into separate columns f

or F Height and M Height, and then drag both columns to the Y axis.

txnelson_0-1647358661808.png

In your case, you just need to split your column into the 9 different parameters

Tables=>Split

Jim
sanchezpeinado
Level II

Thank you, Jim. 

Done!

but now the right Y axis does not shows the smoother lines only the dots (see below). How can I show also the lines or another way to represent the trend?

again thank you so much

sanchezpeinado_0-1647362271620.png

txnelson
Super User

Try adding the Smoother before doing the Move Right.  On the example I ran to test this out, if I added the Smoother after the Move Right, only the left columns had a smoother.  But, if I added the Smoother before the Move Right, the Smoothers were on all 

Jim
sanchezpeinado
Level II

Thank you so much, it worked!

txnelson
Super User

Right click on the Y axis and select "Move Right" and then select which parameter to move.  Repeat for each parameter to be moved to a Right Side axis

txnelson_0-1647305755173.png

Jim