Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to change background color of triangle on Ternary Plot to white and draw reference line?

konstantin

Community Trekker

Mar 21, 2014

Hello, Does someone know how to change background color of triangle on Ternary Plot to white, it is gray by default, and draw one reference line on triangle? I am using JMP10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

In JMP 10 you can add graphics scripts to the frame to create your own background and reference line, but you will have to convert to a rectangular coordinate frame.  The ternary point (x,y,z) maps to the rectangular point (1-x+y/2, y).  To draw the background and a line at z=0.25 you would have:

Fill Color( "Yellow" );

Polygon( [0.0, 1.0, 0.5], [0.0, 0.0, 1.0] );

Pen Color( "Green" );

Line( [0.25, 0.625], [0.0, 0.75] );

You will want to take care to layer the script so that it is drawn after the "White Inside" element, which is the default background.

Starting in JMP 12 most of the axis properties (including reference lines) work directly from the axis dialog.  In JMP 13 the background color can be changed directly from the right-click menu.

3 REPLIES
louv

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Have you investigated the Mixture Profiler. I find I can customize Ternary Plots quite flexibly there.

Solution

In JMP 10 you can add graphics scripts to the frame to create your own background and reference line, but you will have to convert to a rectangular coordinate frame.  The ternary point (x,y,z) maps to the rectangular point (1-x+y/2, y).  To draw the background and a line at z=0.25 you would have:

Fill Color( "Yellow" );

Polygon( [0.0, 1.0, 0.5], [0.0, 0.0, 1.0] );

Pen Color( "Green" );

Line( [0.25, 0.625], [0.0, 0.75] );

You will want to take care to layer the script so that it is drawn after the "White Inside" element, which is the default background.

Starting in JMP 12 most of the axis properties (including reference lines) work directly from the axis dialog.  In JMP 13 the background color can be changed directly from the right-click menu.

konstantin

Community Trekker

Mar 21, 2014

Great! Works for me, thanks! I did not realize that I need to put my 'custom' script after "White Inside" element  and 'Axis and Grid' and that was the catch.