cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Geo42
Level I

How do I perform cross-correlation in JMP?

I am new to JMP, only using JMP Pro 13 for the past couple of weeks but really enjoying it.  I'm looking for a way to perform cross-correlation but cannot find the tool/function to run it.  I have about 10 variables and would like to find the optimum/most correlated lags between each pair.

Ultimately, if it helps, I'll be performing a step-wise multiple linear regression using the lagged variables...only the lags that show the highest correlations.  One of my variables if the independent variables and the other 9 are the predictors.  

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How do I perform cross-correlation in JMP?

First for same sample data: go to help, select sample data library; inside the Time Series folder open SeriesJ.

Analyze>Specialized Modeling>TimeSeries

Put Output CO2 as the Y, Input Gas Rate as the X

From the Transfer Function red triangle select Cross Correlation

-Dave

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

First for same sample data: go to help, select sample data library; inside the Time Series folder open SeriesJ.

Analyze>Specialized Modeling>TimeSeries

Put Output CO2 as the Y, Input Gas Rate as the X

From the Transfer Function red triangle select Cross Correlation

-Dave
txnelson
Super User

To add to the information David has provided, I suggest that when you have questions about a specific statistic, that you look in the 

Help==>Statistics Index

There you would have found a description and an example of Cross Correlation

Jim
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Or the fun way (requires scripting, or at a minimum a table variable embedded within a column formula):

lagged input.gif

-Dave
Geo42
Level I

Thanks for your help.  I did see the example but couldn't figure out how to get the Tranfer Function Analysis red arrow.  I just figured it out though...you need to put one variable in the "Y, Time Series" and another variable in "Input List", then cross-correlation option becomes available.  If you put both/multiple variables in "Y, Time Series" only, cross-correlation is greyed out...but most other functions work fine though.

Is there an option for a triangular display similar of cross correlations among variables, similar to the displays for multivariate scaterrplots? 

Thanks again.

txnelson
Super User

For this one, you deserve an extra crumpet with your tea!

Jim