cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RBILLC
Level II

High DPI PDF Export using JSL

Hello JMP community,

I am having issues generating an automated high resolution PDF from my Control Chart JMP Reports or Journal. (Attached) As you can see attached the PDF is heavily compressed. I have looked throughout the forums with no results.

I updated the DPI setting in preferences to 300. I even installed this add-in from danielvalente to verify the DPI:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Set-Output-DPI/ta-p/22486

1) Save AS PDF results in low DPI

2) Print as PDF via Adobe or Microsoft results in low DPI

3) Same results if I convert the report to a Journal first.

4) Histograms seem to export at the correct DPI, Control charts are having the issue.

5) My only success was from the following post where I export a EPS file then use a 3rd party program to convert the PDF at 300 DPI. I would like to avoid this scenario as my clients are hesitant to install any 3rd party software.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Blog/Print-ready-graphics-from-JMP-revisited/ba-p/30122

Look forward to any responses and thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: High DPI PDF Export using JSL

The fact that your axes are high resolution but graph contents are not tells me you've probably found a bug.  You probably will get better/faster resolution for something like this from Tech Support.

I just had an idea though.  You are using the older Control Chart platform.  Try creating the equivalent chart in Graph Builder and you may find you get the desired resolution of the graph contents that way.

-- Cameron Willden

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RBILLC
Level II

EDIT: More specifically the Control Chart in the PDF is not 300 DPI while other features such as the Axis labels seem to be.
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

The fact that your axes are high resolution but graph contents are not tells me you've probably found a bug.  You probably will get better/faster resolution for something like this from Tech Support.

I just had an idea though.  You are using the older Control Chart platform.  Try creating the equivalent chart in Graph Builder and you may find you get the desired resolution of the graph contents that way.

-- Cameron Willden
RBILLC
Level II

the Control Chart Builder() platform is exporting with the correct DPI settings. Great Idea and thank you!

If only I had the time to report this to JMP:

The Control Chart() Platform does not export high DPI PDFs properly.