cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
claude_bellavan
Level III

Graphic Builder Area: How to show results in percent without creating new columns?

Hello,

I have a beginner question. I'm using Graphic Builder (stack bars or areas). Suppose I have 3 columns: Year, Country and Population. What is the simplest way (without creating new columns) to show distribution of population among countries over time in percent like this:

11811_Graphic Area.png

I'm doing that kind of graphic routinely with other software.

Thanks,

Claude

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graphic Builder Area: How to show results in percent without creating new columns?

Use a Mosaic plot, rather than a stacked bar, and you will get what you want.

11809_mosaic.png

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graphic Builder Area: How to show results in percent without creating new columns?

Use a Mosaic plot, rather than a stacked bar, and you will get what you want.

11809_mosaic.png

Jim
claude_bellavan
Level III

I think I get the point. But…

Since mosaic plot computes the number of observations, I suppose I have to put the population in the frequency's square (bottom right corner)? Am I right?

txnelson
Super User

correct

Jim
claude_bellavan
Level III

Thanks a lot Jim!!

CB