cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
claude_bellavan
Level III

Graphic Builder Area: How to show results in percent without creating new columns?

Hello,

I have a beginner question. I'm using Graphic Builder (stack bars or areas). Suppose I have 3 columns: Year, Country and Population. What is the simplest way (without creating new columns) to show distribution of population among countries over time in percent like this:

11811_Graphic Area.png

I'm doing that kind of graphic routinely with other software.

Thanks,

Claude

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graphic Builder Area: How to show results in percent without creating new columns?

Use a Mosaic plot, rather than a stacked bar, and you will get what you want.

11809_mosaic.png

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graphic Builder Area: How to show results in percent without creating new columns?

Use a Mosaic plot, rather than a stacked bar, and you will get what you want.

11809_mosaic.png

Jim
claude_bellavan
Level III

I think I get the point. But…

Since mosaic plot computes the number of observations, I suppose I have to put the population in the frequency's square (bottom right corner)? Am I right?

txnelson
Super User

correct

Jim
claude_bellavan
Level III

Thanks a lot Jim!!

CB