cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Thierry_S
Super User

Graph Builder > Bar Graph > Change Y Axis Origin?

Hi JMP Community,

In Graph Builder, is it possible to modify the origin of the bars in a Bar graph so that the all bars start at the lowest value of Y instead of starting at 0?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Graph Builder > Bar Graph > Change Y Axis Origin?

Make a new column with the minimum value. Drag this column along with the original data column to the Y drop zone. Drag the categorical column to the X drop zone. Change the bar type to Range in the properties list.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, you can change the minimum of a bar chart in graph builder.

Double-click the axis and specify the new minimum. 

Capture.JPG

Dan Obermiller
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply but this is not what I'm looking for (sorry if I was not clear). I know how to change the Y Axis scale but I don't know how to change the origin/base of the bars in a bar graph. By default, all the bars have an origin set to 0 and the bars have opposite directions depending on whether the data is positive or negative: is it possible to change the bar behavior so that all bars "start" at the lowest value of the data range?
Thanks,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse

Make a new column with the minimum value. Drag this column along with the original data column to the Y drop zone. Drag the categorical column to the X drop zone. Change the bar type to Range in the properties list.