cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Steffo
Level I

Intraclass correlation coefficient with 95% confidence intervall

Is it possible to calculate the intraclass correlation coefficient (ICC) with 95% confidence intervall in jmp?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Intraclass correlation coefficient with 95% confidence intervall

If you are using measurement system analysis (MSA), then it is available in the Measurement System Analysis platform. The point estimate of the ICC is provided. The confidence interval estimate of the ICC is not available.

See JMP Help menu for more details (Help, Books).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you are using measurement system analysis (MSA), then it is available in the Measurement System Analysis platform. The point estimate of the ICC is provided. The confidence interval estimate of the ICC is not available.

See JMP Help menu for more details (Help, Books).

ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

I know this is an old question by now, but i came across this issue myself the other day.

looking at the ICC definitions from this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intraclass_correlation#Calculation_in_software_packages

i have came up with the attached data table and calculating scripts. The ICC is the first Percent of total in each Random coefficients table.

The confidence interval can be derived from the 95% CI to the variance components. Any other confidence range (i.e. 90%) can be produced manually or by changing platform preferences.

I would appreciate it if someone can confirm the calculations and terminology are consistent with the ones presented on Wikipedia.

Perhaps someone can make a GUI  add in that will make a nice table with all the different ICC's and their confidence intervals.

All the best,

Ron