cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Getting Y-Axis %Cumulative to Display on Stacked Bar Chart in Graph-Builder in JMP 16

Hello All,

I recently ran into a problem wherein we were tasked by management to provide analysis in Stacked Bar Chart format for a particular response in JMP  version 16. The response of interest is a Numeric Data Type and with an Ordinal Modeling Type. 

How to create a stacked part chart for this response easily while simultaneously displaying the % cumulative on the Y-axis??

There's a little trick required!  You have to create a nominal column of 1's, or a local data variable in graph builder, and drag that variable onto the X-axis.  After you do this, the % cumulative will display on the Y-axis.

PatrickGiuliano_0-1625112199937.png

Finally, double-click on the X-axis and turn off the display of the units:

PatrickGiuliano_1-1625112271519.png

Click "Done" and there you have it!  An accurate Stacked Bar Chart that faithfully represents your data and provides a visually appealing summary to management.  Example data table attached.

PatrickGiuliano_2-1625112362663.png

Special Thanks to @laura_archer  @JMP Technical Support for leading me to the solution!   Problem resolved at lightning speed per my request on tracking [SAS 7613374384].      Cheers, @PatrickGiuliano 

PS:  I'm referencing a generally similar post as per the community suggestion auto-population when I entered my Subject.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Academic-Knowledge-Base/Statistics-with-JMP-Graphs-Descriptive-Stat...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Getting Y-Axis %Cumulative to Display on Stacked Bar Chart in Graph-Builder in JMP 16

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Getting Y-Axis %Cumulative to Display on Stacked Bar Chart in Graph-Builder in JMP 16

Very nice. Thanks, @PatrickGiuliano

You're welcome @Phil_Kay!

Including @a_wing here. Useful for certain applications where bar charts are a popular way to present information to Senior Management.