Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
CJenvey
Level II

Create JMP Public Group

Hello fellow JMP users,

I am the only person in my company with a JMP Pro license and software. We don't currently have JMP Live.

I would like to share reports from JMP via JMP Public, but would like these reports to be kept private. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to create a company group where I can publish my reports and only give access to company employees? I'm struggling to find any information about creating groups in JMP Public. I assume that I would have to be an admin to do this, but don't know if I am either.

Happy to check with JMP Technical Support as well, but thought that I would try here first.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: Create JMP Public Group

Not sure if this is the most efficient solution but since you cite you are only interested in sharing reports, maybe save your reports to interactive (or not...up to you) HTML, and then deposit them in some password protected server or location in your company's internal IT network. Certainly not as flashy at JMP Public or Live...but it might meet your and your consumer's needs?

CJenvey
Level II

Thanks for your response. I suspected as much as I've tried that in the past, but I lose the interactivity of filters for some graphs, so was trying to find a solution that would keep this option. Thanks again!

Hi CJenvey,

JMP Public does not permit the use of private groups, as all data and reports are meant to be shared with a wide audience.  The click through agreement that you get when posting reports warns of this, and we want to discourage anything proprietary from being seen by others. Private groups would prevent this if they were used properly, but accidents can happen.  Also, as you mention, the groups would have to come from an administrator.  It's not the direction we wanted to go with Public.   If we allowed everyone to create private groups it would discourage sales of JMP Live.  Great products like JMP Live cost a lot of money to create, and the only way we can sustain the development effort is by selling JMP Live.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

CJenvey
Level II

Thanks for your response. I completely understand.