cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
fuscod
Level I

Getting Rid of the "N" Column in a Tabulate Chart

JMP Users I have developed a Tabulate Chart to show the installation status of some hardware, please see the attached file.  My question is I would like to get rid of the last "N" column in the Tabulate chart and cannot figure out how to do that?  See the script below for the Tabulate Chart:

6 REPLIES 6
fuscod
Level I

Re: Getting Rid of the "N" Column in a Tabulate Chart

JMP Users, I don't see the scrip that I had pasted into the question the script is:

T1 = CT << Tabulate(

Show Control Panel( 0 ),

Add Table(

Row Table(

Grouping Columns( :Work Location, :Stiffener Type, :Status, :Notes )

)

)

);

T1 << Title("LVU1 Steam Dryer Inner Hood Modification Status");

nacka
Level II

Add this line to the end of your chart script:

(T1 << Report)[MultiTblNumColBox( 3 )] << Delete;

You might need to replace the number after MultiTblNumColBox.  Check your table's Tree Structure to confirm.

I realize this is like 3 years late; but I found this thread while trying to answer the same question, so hopefully it's helpful to someone.

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

The best I could come up with was a blank column:

10534_Untitled 2.jpg

If you drag another measure (say mean) to the "N" column then you get missing data (as there is no mean to calculate). Then if you double click on the word "Mean" in the column heading you can change it to a blank.  So maybe this will work, maybe not, depends on your endgame (i.e., is it a tool for you or a tool for others).  Also, if you copy this table into word (or smoother document program) you could delete the column there.

This isn't really what the tabulate platform is supposed to be used for (not saying I haven't done it myself, but you do get the this count column issue...).  There is an assumption that you must be interested in some kind of data - be it just how many times something shows up or some aggregate statistic. 

The way I've been using lately for something like this is to actually go through a Journal (or if your handy with scripting you could make your own table report script - it's really easy).  The steps for the Journal are below.

best,

M

---------------------------------------------

Adhoc Journal Tables

1. Select data in the data table that you want in your "pretty" table.
  2. Select Edit > Journal (or te keyboard shortcuts cmd-J (mac) ctrl-J (windows).
  3. Enjoy the fruits of your strenuous table construction efforts.
txnelson
Super User

Here is a simple piece of jsl that produces the table you want:

Names Default To Here( 1 );

dt = Current Data Table();

New Window( "Table",

Border Box( sides( 15 ),

tb = Table Box(

String Col Box( "Work Location", dt:Work Location << get values ),

String Col Box( "Stiffener Type", dt:Stiffener Type << get values ),

String Col Box( "Status", dt:Status << get values ),

String Col Box( "Notes", dt:Notes << get values )

)

)

);

tb << set shade alternate rows( 1 );

Jim
ian_jmp
Staff

Also, in the fairly recent past, the 'DataTableBox()' was introduced, so you no longer have to mess with individual columns:

Names Default To Here( 1 );

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

New Window( "Example", dtb = Data Table Box( dt ) );

dtb << setShadeAlternateRows(1);

dtb << setShadeHeadings(0);