World Statistics Day was yesterday, but we’re celebrating all week long! This celebration means acknowledging the impact statistics has on our world. Who is your favorite statistician? Share with us who they are and why they top your favorites list.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted

Generating Multiple Histogram and saving all as expression

Hello, 

Is there any way to run a "for" loop to create a histogram for every row in a data set? Every unique row would be considered a sample. I have stacked a table so that there are 2 columns, one as variable name (x axis of histogram) and the second as % values (y axis of histogram). Sample names (row names) are also repeating since there are multiple variable names since I used the stack function. 

Additionally, could I save all these as a variable corresponding to their row name in a separate column? I want to utilize JMPs interactive overlay function to view these as a picture on a graph. 

Please let me know if you need more details, it may be hard to picture this with words. 

image-5.png

image-4.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
ThuongLe
Level IV

Re: Generating Multiple Histogram and saving all as expression

Each row has 1 data point only, why do you need histogram for it?
Highlighted

Re: Generating Multiple Histogram and saving all as expression

I don't think you understand the data structure to form a histogram... 

There is a column that has the name (x-axis) and the associated value (y-axis). So for each sample name (rows, which repeat as I mention) you get a histogram of all the names on the x-axis with their corresponding y-values. 

Article Labels