cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lae
lae
Level I

How to I enter an expression into simulator?

Hi! I'm currently using the simulator function for a model that I've created. Most of my factors can be destribed as normal distributions, but one of them is actually ExGaussian.  Since this isn't one of the standard distribution selections, I've been trying to enter it as an expression, but when I hit the reset  button, nothing happens.  For illustration, here is a snip of the expression I've been trying to load:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to I enter an expression into simulator?

Have you pressed simulate after? The UI is very un-intuitive how you get the expressions working, to me it feels like safest bet is to:

1. Add expression
  2. click somewhere outside of the text edit box
  3. click reset
  4. click simulate

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/#page/jmp/simulation-settings-for-factors.shtml#

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Have you pressed simulate after? The UI is very un-intuitive how you get the expressions working, to me it feels like safest bet is to:

1. Add expression
  2. click somewhere outside of the text edit box
  3. click reset
  4. click simulate

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/#page/jmp/simulation-settings-for-factors.shtml#

-Jarmo
lae
lae
Level I

Thanks for your help!  I assumed that I was doing something wrong because when you use the expression option, the window fails to show you the distribution.  The only way I could check that the expression worked was to put it into a simple test formula  (like expression + constant value) so that I could actually see the expression distribution in the simulate window..  It might be useful mention in the documentation for expression.