Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
vino
Level I

%GRR on variability data

Here is the screenshot of jmp sample data , Wondering which is the correct GRR% .I think 49.75 is from Average- range method calculation and 24.76 is from anova method calculation. can anyone help me to understand

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: %GRR on variability data

All I see in your screen shot is a red and gray triangle.
Jim
Highlighted
vino
Level I

Sorry for that, corrected the screenshot
Highlighted
statman
Level VII

I don't see any of the numbers you refer to in your first post (49.75 or 24.76)?  It also looks like you don't actually have multiple parts in the study as the part variation is using the column you labeled Operator?  Perhaps you could share your JMP data table?

Highlighted
statman
Level VII

As already stated, your screen shot is incomplete.  I will comment on the differences between the R-bar/d2 and typical estimation of standard deviation (s)...the R-bar method first tests the integrity of the data with respect to outliers (special cause) using a range chart (or MR chart). The typical estimation performs no such test and can, therefore, be biased due to the outlier data point.

Article Labels