Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Forcing Variability Plot to Display Axis Values?

andersonmj2

Community Trekker

May 4, 2015

So while I love MOST of JMP 13, one thing I do NOT like is that now when I do a variability plot, the Y axis values are never displayed until I resize the graph, and in many cases neither are the X axis categories.

Is there a way to switch off this new and unwanted behavior?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andersonmj2

Community Trekker

May 4, 2015

Solution

I got the following reply from JMP support:

"The issue with the Y axis is a known problem in JMP 13.0 and is expected to be corrected in JMP 13.1 when it is released during the first quarter of 2017. There are some cases where the axis will not be shown. The workaround for this is to make any change to the axis at which time the axis will be displayed.

There was a deliberate change in the X axis for nominal variables in JMP 13. The intent was to show as many labels on the axis as possible within the given space while still rendering them readable. The development team is considering different approaches for the issue. I am sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. "

(they gave me the OK to post and even reworded it a little more concisely ... another reason to love JMP support!)

3 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

This sounds like a bug. I would report it to support@jmp.com
Jim
andersonmj2

Community Trekker

May 4, 2015

txnelson wrote:
This sounds like a bug. I would report it to support@jmp.com

Thanks for the suggestion - done :)

andersonmj2

Community Trekker

May 4, 2015

Solution

I got the following reply from JMP support:

"The issue with the Y axis is a known problem in JMP 13.0 and is expected to be corrected in JMP 13.1 when it is released during the first quarter of 2017. There are some cases where the axis will not be shown. The workaround for this is to make any change to the axis at which time the axis will be displayed.

There was a deliberate change in the X axis for nominal variables in JMP 13. The intent was to show as many labels on the axis as possible within the given space while still rendering them readable. The development team is considering different approaches for the issue. I am sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. "

(they gave me the OK to post and even reworded it a little more concisely ... another reason to love JMP support!)