Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Force Open() to Use Excel Wizard Without Changing Preferences

Hey JMP Community,

I'm building an application where a user can import data from Excel or from a JMP table.  I'm getting the file path via Pick File().  If they select an Excel file, I want to coerce JMP to use the Excel Wizard without changing the user's preferences.  In the Scripting Index, I found something called Excel Open Method() which has an option "Use Excel Wizard"; however, there is not an example.  It is a message, but does not specify what type of object is compatible with that message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cameron

-- Cameron Willden
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Force Open() to Use Excel Wizard Without Changing Preferences

Of course, I immediately found the answer after posting. In Chapter 9 of the Scripting Guide:

"Note: To use the Excel Wizard, you must specify the Excel Wizard option in the argument as in Open( "$SAMPLE_IMPORT_DATA/Team Results.xlsx", "Excel Wizard" );."

Instead of deleting the post, I figured I'd leave the answer here if anyone else ever needs it.

-- Cameron Willden

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Force Open() to Use Excel Wizard Without Changing Preferences

Of course, I immediately found the answer after posting. In Chapter 9 of the Scripting Guide:

"Note: To use the Excel Wizard, you must specify the Excel Wizard option in the argument as in Open( "$SAMPLE_IMPORT_DATA/Team Results.xlsx", "Excel Wizard" );."

Instead of deleting the post, I figured I'd leave the answer here if anyone else ever needs it.

-- Cameron Willden