cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
benjaminbuck
Level II

Create a Journal via JSL that connects a table to a large number of graphs

This is really easy in html -- <a href="#linkname"> to <a name="linkname"> -- but I can't find how to do it in JMP JSL for Journals.

Let's say 100 to have a concrete number that shows the need for JSL.  There's a table with 100 rows, each row with an associated graph.  The recipient of the table will scan the table and, say, choose to examine entry #57.  What I want is to use JSL to wire up a link or a button so that the user can quickly open graph #57 without having to stumble over the other graphs.  The data needs to be embedded for easy sharing and one journal is far easier to share than 101 (though.... I never found an answer as to how to do this by having 100 buttons or links associated with the table's rows that each open a different journal with one graph either.  That's not ideal but it's better than nothing.  I'd even note that my experience attempting to push links to a journal by creating a table, setting an event handler, and pushing to a journal resulted in the links getting stripped when the table was journaled.)

Thanks, -- Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Create a Journal via JSL that connects a table to a large number of graphs

'Help > Scripting Index' gives some reason to be optimistic:

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 18.02.59.png

But, if it's new, I would build one by hand first to see how well it fits your use case.

I'm sure there is other 'how to' content in addition to the Discovery paper I quickly found, and the JMP Help and Books should get you a long way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ian_jmp
Staff

Sounds like you want to make a self-contained bundle of content that can somehow be made available to others. The 'best' way will depend very much on the details of the workflow and interface you envisage. You could consider using JMP Projects.

benjaminbuck
Level II

Perhaps; I assume I could create and populate and save a JMP project using JSL and there's a guide somewhere that would take me through that process step by step?

ian_jmp
Staff

'Help > Scripting Index' gives some reason to be optimistic:

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 18.02.59.png

But, if it's new, I would build one by hand first to see how well it fits your use case.

I'm sure there is other 'how to' content in addition to the Discovery paper I quickly found, and the JMP Help and Books should get you a long way.

jongtae
Level II

I added a column to the data table.
And The added column has an event added. The code below is the event handler example code.

Column_Event_Handler.png