Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Consumer Research - Missing Selections

KarenC

Super User

Feb 10, 2013

How do I add a category that no one selected so I can get the zero counts in the category platform?  I tried to add it in the value ordering and in the list check to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi Karen,

Sorry you weren't able to find the right option for this. The option "Include Responses Not in Data" is a checkbox on the launch window as well as available as a option in the red triangle menu under "Category Options". You had the right idea, though, to use a column property. You will need to use Value Labels to specify the level that has zero counts.

Here is the documentation for Category Options:

Example of the Categorical Platform

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development
3 REPLIES
Solution

Hi Karen,

Sorry you weren't able to find the right option for this. The option "Include Responses Not in Data" is a checkbox on the launch window as well as available as a option in the red triangle menu under "Category Options". You had the right idea, though, to use a column property. You will need to use Value Labels to specify the level that has zero counts.

Here is the documentation for Category Options:

Example of the Categorical Platform

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development
KarenC

Super User

Feb 10, 2013

Thanks Michael,

Value labels was my next thought but I didn't feel like setting them up (lazy analyst).  I would suggest strengthening the wording in the manual to something along the lines of "the use of missing categories requires the use of value labels".

Karen

michael_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Thanks for the suggestion!

Michael

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development