Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
djhanson
Level V

Click chart data point to activate script?

Not sure if this is possible: is there a way to click a chart's data point to activate a JSL script? 

I know how to select a chart's data point then use an external buttonbox to activate a script (2 step process).  But I'm curious if there is a more direct way to simply single or double click a chart's data point to activate a script (1 step process).  Any ideas?  ..dj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
wiebepo
Level III

Re: Click chart data point to activate script?

Here is a method that I have used to achieve this in the past. Create a new column in the data table that supports the chart. Add a formula with a conditional if statement that uses the criteria of a selected state. Place the script in the if statement where the selected state is true. When the point is selected, the script will be executed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
wiebepo
Level III

Here is a method that I have used to achieve this in the past. Create a new column in the data table that supports the chart. Add a formula with a conditional if statement that uses the criteria of a selected state. Place the script in the if statement where the selected state is true. When the point is selected, the script will be executed.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
djhanson
Level V

Thanks...I took your suggestion and tried to do a formula like this, but it didn't activate anything.  Could you possibly post some example formula syntax to make this work?

Example: created a new column called "Trigger".

Next, I made a formula like:
If(Selected State(:Trigger) == True, include("C:\temp\RunJSL.jsl"))  and also tried

If(Selected State(:Trigger) == 1, include("C:\temp\RunJSL.jsl"))

But the above did not work, so I'm thinking I have some bad syntax in my formula perhaps?  ...dj

Highlighted
wiebepo
Level III

Consider trying the following formula:

If(Selected(),include("c\temp\runjsl.jsl"));

I haven't tested the formula. There is some helpful rowstate syntax information available on p297 of the JMP 10 scripting guide.

Highlighted
djhanson
Level V

Thanks!  Yep, that gets me what I need:). 

This is a nice tip, that is, how to make selected points activate another script.  It works like a charm.  Thanks again!

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.