BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
LaserRasin
Occasional Contributor

Clear Conditional Formatting Rules via JSL

I have an issue -- I like to use conditional formatting rules to highlight data with high mean compared to the average -- but this means a different conditional formatting rule for each plot that I make.  JMP only seems to offer the global preferences to apply conditional formatting, but I can add a new rule via a script.  In order to prevent name colisions, I added each new rule with a large random number attached.

The problem is that now I have tens of thousands of conditional formatting rules, and I can't figure out how to remove them with a script.  Clicking the delete button on the manager is simply impractical.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ih
ih
Community Trekker

Re: Clear Conditional Formatting Rules via JSL

There might be a more elegant way, but I would just delete them from your preferences file.

• Open the folder containing your preferences by running this in a JMP scripting window:
Open("$HOME")
  • Close all instances of JMP (and then wait a few seconds to be sure they are dead)
  • Make a backup copy of your JMP.PFS file.
  • Open and edit the file to remove the 'Conditional Formatting Rules( ... )' lines.
  • Re-open JMP

For some reason this didn't work the first time I tried it, I suspect JMP wasn't completely closed before I edited the file.

1 REPLY 1
ih
ih
Community Trekker

Re: Clear Conditional Formatting Rules via JSL

There might be a more elegant way, but I would just delete them from your preferences file.

• Open the folder containing your preferences by running this in a JMP scripting window:
Open("$HOME")
  • Close all instances of JMP (and then wait a few seconds to be sure they are dead)
  • Make a backup copy of your JMP.PFS file.
  • Open and edit the file to remove the 'Conditional Formatting Rules( ... )' lines.
  • Re-open JMP

For some reason this didn't work the first time I tried it, I suspect JMP wasn't completely closed before I edited the file.