Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Change the default Target value in the "Computing Importance Indices" of the Profiler

javier_guzman0

Community Trekker

Sep 18, 2015

Hello JSL Gurus:

We have a JSL script that produces a profiler plot. This plot takes around 10 minutes to show up due to the "Computing Importance Indices" process. I was wondering how do I change the default target value from 0.01 to something either higher or lower to reduce that computing time?

Our current script line looks something like this:

profilerContainer = vListBox( profilerPlot = Profiler(Y(Column(dt,"output_1"),Column(dt,"output_2"),Column(dt,"output_3"),Column(dt,"output_4")) ,

Profiler(1,Independent Uniform Inputs( 1 )))   );

2 REPLIES
ian_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

(I'm sorry to respond with questions rather than answers).

Looks like (through JSL) you are using the 'Assess Variable Importance > Independent Uniform Inputs' red triangle option in the Profiler. Do you know how to interactively set the 'default target value' you mention? Do you know that changing the value from 0.01 will definitely reduce the compute time?

javier_guzman0

Community Trekker

Sep 18, 2015

>Do you know how to interactively set the 'default target value' you mention?

Hi Ian,

Your right, you just lit a light bulb in my head, If I can set that value interactively, then I can save the script, and look at how its done in JSL.

Problem is,  I'm looking at my Profiler right now, and I can't seem to decipher where exactly I go to change the target value . I'll keep digging, thanks Ian!