cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
helga55
Level I

Axis in Loading plot of PCA in JMP

Hi, I am relatively new to PCA analysis as well as to JMP. How can I change the PCA loading values on the x and y axis of the plot that JMP rovides when you do a PCA analysis? Right now the default is PCA1 on x axis and PCA 2 on y axis. I would like to plot PCA3 on y axis and get a similar plot with the vectors showing in diff directions, labels etc.

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Axis in Loading plot of PCA in JMP

In the lower left hand area of the display window there are the options to select whatever x and y display values you want to use

pca.PNG

Jim
helga55
Level I

Hi, thanks a lot but as I have an older version (JMP 9.02) i couldnt see the same options as you have shown in your screen plot. however realizing that it can be done I looked at the drop down menu of the Principal Components (red arrow) and used the option of Loading plot and was able to get plots with PCa1, 2, 3 as  axes.

txnelson
Super User

I am glad you figured out a solution.

To assist yourself in getting questions answered from the Discussion Community, I suggest that you include the version # you are using, when you ask you questions.

Jim
helga55
Level I

Yes that is a good idea! Thanks a lot once again.