cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
helga55
Level I

Axis in Loading plot of PCA in JMP

Hi, I am relatively new to PCA analysis as well as to JMP. How can I change the PCA loading values on the x and y axis of the plot that JMP rovides when you do a PCA analysis? Right now the default is PCA1 on x axis and PCA 2 on y axis. I would like to plot PCA3 on y axis and get a similar plot with the vectors showing in diff directions, labels etc.

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Axis in Loading plot of PCA in JMP

In the lower left hand area of the display window there are the options to select whatever x and y display values you want to use

pca.PNG

Jim
helga55
Level I

Hi, thanks a lot but as I have an older version (JMP 9.02) i couldnt see the same options as you have shown in your screen plot. however realizing that it can be done I looked at the drop down menu of the Principal Components (red arrow) and used the option of Loading plot and was able to get plots with PCa1, 2, 3 as  axes.

txnelson
Super User

I am glad you figured out a solution.

To assist yourself in getting questions answered from the Discussion Community, I suggest that you include the version # you are using, when you ask you questions.

Jim
helga55
Level I

Yes that is a good idea! Thanks a lot once again.