BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
akrishna39
Community Trekker

Adding a column in custom design

Hi,

I am making a custom design in JMP. The design has 15 variables and 24 runs. The design has 4 blocks with each block having 6 runs. I want to add another variable in the design whose value is 1 for blocks 1 & 2, and 2 for blocks 3 & 4. How can I add this column in the design?

I can do it manually in excel after getting the design with 15 variables, but then I will not get the "Design Evaluation" of the 16-variable design after the column has been added. So, is there any way to add this column and then obtain the Design Evaluation for the complete design?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Adding a column in custom design

This sounds like a second blocking variable with 12 runs per block.
Dan Obermiller
0 Kudos
akrishna39
Community Trekker

Re: Adding a column in custom design

Hi Dan,

Sorry for not telling the whole problem. I already have 2 blocking variables. The 1st blocking variable as I already told has 4 blocks with each block having 6 runs. The second blocking variable has 8 blocks with each block having 3 runs. I think my question now becomes that I need a 3rd blocking variable with 2 blocks each containing 12 runs. Is it possible?

Also attaching my script which creates the design with 2 blocking variables. I used the method mentioned in thie link to create 2 blocking variables: https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Blog/Constructing-a-custom-design-with-2-nested-random-blocking/ba-...

0 Kudos