cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Version Number Added to Window Banner

I would like to see the version number surfaced on the banner of each JMP window, right after the currently displayed Product

i.e.

JMP Home Window - JMP Pro 13.2.1

Big Class - JMP Pro 14.0.0

Big Class - Bivariate of weight by height - JMP Pro 12.2.0

12 Comments
nathan-clark
Level VI

I would love to see this as a default also. I have found a couple hacks that give me this on my main JMP as well as any JMP I use a shortcut with, but I'd rather JMP do the work than me

hogi
Level XI

Not for the window title, but with a similar effect:
you can add a dummy command to the main menu to differentiate between different versions of JMP.

hogi_0-1722639041811.png

nathan-clark
Level VI

@hogi That's an interesting idea ... How did you do it?

hogi
Level XI

I submitted a collection of such  Icons for v17, v18, v19EA, it's in the review process and should appear soon:

Actually, I applied 2 tricks:

#1:
Via an AddIn one can add a command to the main menu.
Why a command? you cold also use a menu, but just with a command you can add an icon. And the icon is extremely helpful to get the version info at a glance.

<jm:insert_in_main_menu>
  <jm:command>
        <jm:name>V17</jm:name>
        <jm:caption>v17</jm:caption>
		<jm:icon type="builtin">DebuggerAddBreakpoint</jm:icon>
   </jm:command>
  </jm:insert_in_main_menu>
</jm:menu_and_toolbar_customizations>

#2:
via the AddIn.def settings, you can specify which symbol shows up for which version of JMP:

hogi_1-1722847323307.png

At the end, you will get a command like this one directly on the main level:

hogi_0-1722846829504.png

nathan-clark
Level VI

@hogi very interesting.. I was poking around there, but didn't quite put the tricks together.

Thanks!

hogi
Level XI

@Ryan_Gilmore , could you please ping us once the review process is finished?

@nathan-clark , I tried to attach the files here, but unfortunately, sending jmpaddin files via the community doesn't work.
I could send you the files via email.

nathan-clark
Level VI

@hogi Thank you for the offer, but I will be ok. I've edited the jmpcust and def files in the past and your snips should work great!

nathan-clark
Level VI

@hogi When you did your EA example, can the def file handle EA in the version information or was that something you did with the display because 19 is in EA right now.

It would be cool to make it dynamic so the files would update dynamically based on the version of JMP the user has installed (17.2.0, 19EA3 etc)

hogi
Level XI

As the icon and the text are defined via the jmpcust file, I don't think that it's possible to dynamically adjust the icon and the text.

I just created 3 AddIns, one for each version: v17, v18, v19
and use the AddIn min/maxJMPversion setting of the individual AddIns to determine which AddIn is active for which version.

Actually, for v17 one doesn't need such a version control because v17 uses the SAS AdDdIn Directory -- and the new versions use the JMP AddIn Directory.

v19EA is  just v "19", no special treatment necessary.

nathan-clark
Level VI

Awesome! ... I DMd you with my email if you are able to send them along